The First Pep Rally of the Year

Ester Fernandez, Editor

On October 7, 2022, Lincoln Middle School had its first pep rally in the auditorium, where the 7th and 8th-grade students attended. It was a very fun, exciting, and informative event that many students enjoyed attending. This event involved the spirit squad with their first performance of the year, the peers with their presentation, and Mr. Fuchs asking trivia questions.  

A pep rally is an event that happens at the end of each marking period. This first pep rally entertained us with the spirit squad’s first performance, which Mrs. Taylor ran. Mr. Fuchs gave students trivia questions to answer and also gave us instructions on what we needed to do in order to participate in winning gift cards and other prizes. A very creative presentation from Peers informed us of what we needed to do to survive LMS. The presentation consisted of posters that displayed rules, expectations, and behavior that we should follow to keep our privileges and succeed. In Mr. Fuchs’s speech, he said, “We don’t want anything negative in this school.” He also said, “When mom or dad says to get up, it’s time to get up.” 

Mr. Fuchs hosted the trivia questions and rewarded the students that would get them correct with gift cards. He said, “We do games, activities, snacks, and all of that comes from a little hard work.” A few students had different opinions and thoughts about the pep rally. One student said, “It was fun overall but very loud.” Another student said that some people do not speak or understand English, so there should be something or someone that can translate for them in their language. In my opinion, the pep rally was a fun event worth attending, and it informed me of things I have to do to get through LMS. I am now looking forward to attending the next pep rally that will take place on November 23, 2022.